Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Blogging From Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Hello People,

Thanks for all the mail. Nope, I am not dead. And NO, I haven't given up blogging.

I flew to Phoenix, Arizona on the 11th of December. The concatenation of circumstances that led to it is every bit as amazing (Okay, maybe a star-rating lower) as my abortive bid to get to San-Francisco. Anyways I landed in the dead of the night, and hitched myself to a suburb called Mesa on the outskirts of Phoenix (and which happens to be the boondocks of Arizona. It is as much exciting as one would expect Shelu or Dahanu Road to be. Don't go by that website I have linked to, take my word.) and have been working my (substantial) butt off on a project for the last 16 days or so.

The hotel I am staying in has no Internet connectivity (yeah, and you thought that this was Umrica), so I can't blog and I am often too pooped at the end of the day to think of blogging. I am sneaking some time off to write this towards the end of my day's work here today and get it up on my blog.

I am flying back on the 30th of December, reaching Mumbai in the early hours of the first day of the new year (Yes, you read that right. . .no 31st night celebrations for me).

Have a lot to catch up with when I get back (a few movies, and if I am right Samit Basu's The Manticore's Secret should be on the shelves of all bookshops by now). So, I'll see you all next week, with updates on my experiences in this land of wide roads, many cars, and no public transport.

I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas.

See you soon.

3 comments:

Admin said...

A very very happy new year!!

Anonymous said...

Wish you a very very happy new year!

Murphy Jacobs said...

You find a lot of that "many cars, no public transportation" thing in the South -- both west and east.

Hope the new year finds you in good shape with plenty of stuff ahead.