Thursday, June 23, 2005

Aussie Cricket Team Haunted by Ghosts

It's not only the Bangladeshis and the English who are making life difficult for the Austarlian Cricket team. Team Australia has reportedly been spooked by the 700-year-old ghosts at their ancient hotel in Durham.
"I saw ghosts. I swear I'm telling the truth," Belinda Dennett, Australia's media officer, told The Sun. "Several of the players were uneasy although a lot of them in the morning said they were fine ... but maybe they were just trying to be brave." Shane Watson apparently wasn't one of them. According to the paper, he was so terrified he had to sleep on Brett Lee's floor.

Dennett elaborated on the ghostly goings-on in unnerving detail. "I closed the blind in my room before I went to bed. But when I was woken at 4am by my phone, the blind was up again. I looked out of the window and saw a procession of white people walking past. It was amazing, very scary.

"Then I returned to bed and the blind went up again - and there was someone looking in through the window. I know I wasn't dreaming because I wrote down the message from my phone and the time. Certainly, when I started to tell my story, a lot of them didn't want to know the details."
Looks like everybody in England is doing their bit to wrest the Ashes back from Australia.

No comments: