Monday, June 6, 2005

About Nuggets and Aphorisms. . . and Ink Scrawl Aphorism 1

He has gone and done it yet again. The bloke already has 3 blogs (including one on cricket), one (still in planning) on cows and a sub-blog on his Tsunami Posts.

Now Amit Varma (inspired by Michael Higgins) announces a new sub-blog (Way to go, Amit!): Nuggets and Aphorisms -- to archive all the nuggets and aphorisms that he has collected and posted on his other blogs.

If I can count right, Amit now has five active blogs plus one in the offing.

Why all this introduction? What is the point that I am striving to get at?

Inspired by Amit Varma (and Michael Higgins) I am starting a series of nuggets and aphorisms on my blog (No, I am not starting a new blog, I hardly manage to post to one blog regularly.) These will come primarily from my trawling of the web and my reading, occasionally from the films I watch, sometimes from music. And yes, from signature files in emails.

Thank you Amit, and I hope you all find the series of some value (Considering that Michael and Amit started this, it is going to be one hard act to follow).

Here's the first one, trawled from the web a few days back. And particularly apt, considering the genesis of this series:
One would say there is no pure originality. All minds quote. Old and new make the warp and woof of every moment. There is no thread that is not a twist of these two strands.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, from: Quotation and Originality, The Complete Works of Ralph Waldo Emerson - Volume VIII - Letters and Social Aims (1876).

No comments: