Who all were there:
- Amit Varma - India Uncut, The Middle Stage, and 23 Yards
- Yazad Jal - AnarCapLib
- Dina Mehta - Conversations with Dina
- Ravikiran Rao - The Examined Life
- Zainab Bawa - CityBytes
- Mandar Talvekar - ink scrawl (that's me.)
- Parsis (Yazad and Dina argued/discussed; the rest of us listened as they fought. It was fun as they were both supporting the same things)
- Libertarianism (to be expected with Yazad present)
- Atheism (Amit and Yazad), Agnosticism (Dina Mehta), and "Occasional Atheism" (me)
- Power of Blogging
- Google Adsense
- Blogging fundas (Blogstreet, Instapundit, Blogmela, Blogrolls . . .)
- Food (Yazad mentioned this wonderful eating joint somewhere; most probably it will be the venue of the next Bloggers' Meet)
- Corporate Blogging (Only Dina and I were interested, the others didn't allow the topic to take-off)
- Blog Walks (the next meet will have a theme or a blogwalk?)
- Ah yes! Yazad was "complimented" for being a "boyish looking 32 year old."
- If the government has banned driving two-wheelers without helmets, should it also ban smoking? Using the same logic (that of making helmets compulsory) why the government doesn't ban alcohol?
- Should motorcycle helmets be banned as riders wearing helmets drive rashly and cause more accidents.
- Continuing the same logic (helmets = rash riders) car drivers should be banned from wearing seatbelts. On the contrary there should be spikes sticking out of steering wheels as this will ensure safe driving.
- We, surprisingly, did not discuss cricket.
- And all agreed to say that we never mentioned the plagiarism episode and what followed.
I ran into two of my colleagues from office as we were leaving Cafe Coffee Day which was lucky. We got Rahul to take a few group photographs of all us outside CCD . Thanks Rahul.
Interestingly there was this person who claimed to be a New York times reporter and who took watched the proceedings with some interest. Ravikiran suspects he was a CIA plant.
As they put it in my organization: Good fun it was.